Thursday, August 11, 2011

School | MICS Class of 2019


Sorry about the delay in uploading pics from the first day of school! I handed over my memory card to superwoman Hesti, our secretary, to have pictures printed...and I forgot to dump the pictures first. A couple of my kids were a little camera shy, but I told them not to worry because they were going to get used to having their picture taken :)

Yes, I'm a nerd but I took a picture on the first day of school!
I got to school at 7:10 Tuesday morning and...suprise! Half of the class was already there! (We start at 7:40). We began the school year with chapel. We sang several songs that took me back to my Pine Cove days and one song that I had never heard in English but knew by heart in Portuguese :) After an introduction from our new superintendent we went over some very boring procedures and rules for a couple of hours. Then we had a snowball fight!


The kids each wrote three things about themselves on a white sheet of paper, wadded it up and had a "snowball fight" for a few minutes. Then they picked up a random "snowball" and introduced another student...so much fun! They had specials, which means I got a break for three hours, and we finished up the day with decorative nametags. These kids are a lively bunch, it's going to be a great year!

Currently, I am in Singapore (a.k.a. heaven). After waking up at 3:30 this morning, I dropped off my passport and $230 with a strange man at a McDonalds. I went back at 4:30 today and my passport had an Indonesian work visa. Crazy? I think so.

Oh, how I have missed hi-speed internet, air conditioning and Starbucks. More on Singapore tomorrow! But for now, I have a lovely steak dinner and rooftop sunset with my name on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment