Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fatehpur Sikri | India | Day 4

Senior year of high school, my family took a trip to Rome. Having taken Latin for four years, I was pretty excited to see the places that I had learned about for so long. The ruins were just as I had imagined they would be, but the historical ambiance was slightly overshadowed by the onslaught of shutter-happy tourists around every colonnaded corner. This, however, was not the case for our next stop in India.

After we finished at the Taj, it was only about 1pm. We convinced Dave to take us to a ghost town called Fatehpur Sikri. It was about an hour drive from Agra. According to what I read about it, there were two different towns, Fatehpur and Sikri. Since we didn't pay for a "guide", I'm a little fuzzy on the rest of the history of the place. It was, however, worth the visit. And, as usual, the man love was every present. Well preserved and open for exploring, it was the perfect end to our hectic morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment