Sunday, February 24, 2013

Church | SMP Bukit Gloria

After months of church hopping, I have finally found a new church home! I had not heard of IES (International English Service) until Jakarta flooded around a month ago. Tragically, the basement of the church's building flooded and at least two men lost their lives. However, this put the church on the news circuit which is how I came to know about it.

This weekend, Adrienne and I roadtripped to Bogor on my trusty Scoopy to meet with a group from IES to prepare a school for painting. We worked on the new elementary branch of the existing school SMP Buikit Gloria. This school is connected to a local church and was started with the goal of bringing Christian education to a largely non-Christian area. The middle school was such a success that an elementary wing has been constructed. We worked on sanding down the walls and waterproofing them for painting. To say that we got dirty is an underexaggeration!


No comments:

Post a Comment